Breakfast is boring - I'm sorry, it just is. Especially for those of you braving and suffering the gruesome (albeit hugely effective) Candida diet. Well, unless you have the time or inclination to spend the time making something messy; but often, I don't. I want something easy to make and tasty to eat; something that is healthy but also filling. Something I can throw together in 15 minutes and enjoy!
So today I made just that:
4 Free Range Medium/Large eggs
100g Feta cheese
2-3 handfuls baby leaf spinach
1 x (Quorn) sausage (optional, for the protein hungry)
6 cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato (halved)
Sourdough bread or follow my recipe for mini roasties
Butter for spreading & frying
Salt & pepper to taste
Serves 2 hungry people!
- Add a little butter and/or olive oil to a shallow saucepan, spread around and heat until melted and starting to sizzle.
- If using, chop the sausage up into about 1cm thick pieces and fry until cooked throughout.
- Whisk together all four eggs, add salt and pepper to taste and stir in spinach and feta cheese.
- Pour into pan (with sausage) and scramble! Cook until eggs are ready and the spinach has wilted.
- Serve on buttered sourdough toast with cherry tomatoes
Yum! Breakfast suddenly got a little more exciting...